Monday, December 17, 2018

So soon is all relative...

I have less than two weeks before I start the training plan.  I have been consistently running 5 days a week since the week of October 15 and have gradually building up my weekly mileage from 25 to 40 km a week.
I have also added some intervals and some shorter race pace segments.

According to the Hanson's plan the first week that has both of those is week 6. The mileage also is 64km for the week (over 6 runs). I know I will have to build up the mileage over the first 5 weeks safely. I also was thinking about what I am going to do about that 6th run. The way I have it on my calendar that run is up to 10km and on a Thursday. That's the day that I teach 4 classes. Although I don't do them all high intensity, there is 30 minutes of spinning, and I am also on my feet for 2:45 for the other 3. This will have to adequately substitute. I know from the experience of training for the half marathon that I cannot run 6 days a week plus teach classes.

In other news, I have finally finished all my courses for my personal trainer diploma!!

No comments:

Post a Comment